The State of Sustainability in the Global Business Travel Sector | 2022 Report
Business travel brings people together and fosters economic growth within and across national boundaries. For this to continue, however, the industry must ensure people can effectively connect in-person and conduct business globally while doing what is right for society and the planet.
The need to address sustainability is the driver behind this extensive, first-ever research study—”The State of Sustainability in the Global Business Travel Sector”—from GBTA and Grayling, a leading global public affairs and communications consultancy.
The 21-page GBTA benchmarking study provides in-depth insights from a survey of 762 global business travel buyers and suppliers professionals from four regions — Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. It also includes survey results from 100 external stakeholders including policy makers, think tanks and NGOs (non-governmental organizations).
The report explores and reveals insights in key areas:
- Defining Sustainable Business Travel
- Destination sustainability
- Gathering data from across and beyond the industry
- Embarking on the Sustainability Journey
- Industry priorities, perceived barriers and removing barriers
- The State of Sustainability in the Industry
- Existing sustainability practices
- External perceptions
- Opportunities for Practical Change
- How to: sustainable travel management
- How to: sustainable suppliers
- The Value of Partnerships
- Guiding the industry
- Traveling together